Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Brick Walls!

Do dreams really come true? 


Can you really be anything you wanna be when you grow up?




When you're little people always ask: What do you wanna be when you grow up? My answer for as long as I could remember was a Pediatrician. I had a plan I was going to go to the University of the Incarnate Word (UIW) on a scholarship then I was going to go to John Hopkins University school of medicine. My future was all planned out. It was gonna be great.


When do your dreams get derailed? What was the exact moment when my dreams became a fantasy? I don't know how my plan changed how my future hit a brick wall, made a 90 degree turn and never got on track again. I ended up going to community college in El Paso for a year then came home & went to work before I knew it I was 26 and sick. So now I want to go back to school finally. I want to go to...


  
Cosmetology is something that in the last few years I have become very interested in. I have colored my mom's hair and several of my friends too. I even gave a friend a hair cut. It wasn't very good but she was alright with it. I have even done perms on my mom, grandma & aunt. But I hit another brick wall! Being sick I may not be able to go bc of the Social Security disability. Also because I get too tired some days to go anywhere. My parents are worried that the smells of the hair color and perms will bother my lungs. 

   
So now I'm looking into on line classes I can take. I love to write and have been writing short stories and "books" since I was really young. So I'm thinking maybe  I could be an English/ Lit major. So I can eventually be a published author. That is something I could easily do from home on my own schedule.  So now I just need to do the "foot-work" to get into school.

 I still don't know exactly what I will become when I grow up 
but I need to start before I hit another brick wall.


I'm ready for a new beginning!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment